Smiths Telemetrix Gauges

Guest chris.ridgers

Guest chris.ridgers

I'm replacing the stardard dash with smiths telemetrix gaugues, but i've already fitted the sender for the orginal dash! all i want to know is can i use the ones supplied with the RH kit or do i have to buy new ones to go with the gauges?

Edited by SuperSpec07

Hi

I used telemetrix guages with the existing senders and feeds on my 'spec. The only gauge I have a problem with is fuel. The output from the tank is very low (3 - 15 Ohms I think) and the input on the gauge is 18 - 108 (again I think). A quick SVA solution (for the full tank requirement) was an inline resistor to push the 18 ohms to around 105.

I still havent got around to developing a self adjusting variable resistance circuit :blink: so I have to watch the mileage for fuel :)

e

Guest allenr03

I haven't had my tank full yet but the bit of fuel I have had in did register properly, or seemed to. The gauges are designed to use standard european resistances, apparently. I'll be filling the tank on Tuesday - I'lllet you know then!!

As far as everything else is concerned they seem to work ok. The only extra senders I bought were for oil temp and oil pressure which are standard on the engine I have.

Rich