Le Mans - Best Route

Guest Ant

Well I've finally done it. I've taken advantage of Norfolkline's Christmas offer and we're going Dover to Dunkirk, Sunday 6th 12:30 out, Mon 14th 16:45, for the seemingly bargain price of £99 for car + 2 passengers.

Note for anyone else - This particular offer ends on Dec 15th which is only 3 days away!

Ant

• 4 weeks later...

Following Big Jim's post in the Events section (to which only the priviledged can reply) ... am I right in thinking the camping permits are valid for the Sunday night at Le Mans? My plan was to stay over Sunday night and do the full journey on the Monday.

Ant

(to which only the priviledged can reply)
Forgot about that!

So I've moved it for you.

To answer your question, lots of people stay until the monday and then go.

but I would suggest that you add up your mileage, both this side and in France, add at least 2½ hours for messing around at the port & the actual crossing (even more if you're going by 'ordinary ferry') and think about breaking your journey.

My partner in crime will be on the insurance for the trip. It was part of the deal of him coming along. He didn't fancy being a passenger for the entire journey ... shame! :lol: :lol:

Ant

Guest mickmellors

To the best of my understanding ( standard polititians get out phrase ! ) -

The camping permit entitles you to camping between Wednesday and Monday. If you arrive earlier or stay later you will be charged 15 Euros per night for the earlier Monday and Tuesday nights, and also for the following Monday night - I am not sure if that is per car or per tent or per person. The camp site is accessible from 9am on Monday7th and must be cleared by noon Tuesday 15th.