Another Fail!

Guest nik4chef

Guest nik4chef

Well.....I don't believe it! returned to Test Centre yesterday with all items on fail sheet duly sorted and okayed by examiner.

Examiner then decides three of the rear brake flexi fixings are not suitable - needs to have thread showing at fixing point!

This was a point that he mentioned on my first abandoned SVA test (when fuel came out of filler) I thought I'd sorted it,and wasnt brought up again at subsequent re-test.

So next test fail sheet mentioned a few simple items but not about rear flexi mountings......so naturally I thought they were now ok, not so!

Anyway it appears I'm having to pay for two re-tests (£32 x 2 ) 'cos he omitted to put on first failure sheet! Queried this and was told nothing can be done as Computer doesn't understand this scenario! But I could appeal.

How much is a season ticket? Regards Stan. :crazy:

Guest peter2b2002

when i had my retest the new guy (chief examiner) with a newbe went through my fail list, the boss said to the newbe that there were some things that he woudn't have passed 1st time but as they had beed checked off he would let them through , (what a nice man)even when my sva pad on the stearing wheel fell off, he put it back on with tie raps

pete2b

Guest allenr03

At least you've only got one thing to fix. You should be able to get the retest done fairly quickly. Book it with the centre now and sort out the thread issue, you'll be on the road in no time.

Cheers

Rich

When i had my re test had a different chap. He told me that he had to look over the car in full not just the 'fail' points as it was he who was signing it off as a pass. He did have a general look over the car but in the main looked at the fail points to see if they had all been dealt with. Nb he also told me that sometimes they have visits from the central office who observe the test - if you are unlucky to have your test on one of these days then be prepared for every last thing to be picked up on.

the moral of the storey is that when re booking your test ring and make sure its with the same examiner as he will certainly only look at his list of fail points.