Rh Wet Weather Gear

Guest streetka

Guest ballin
Just got back from France and some very wet weather in my S7.

My hood is fixed with poppers on the top of the screen and although they leaked a little in very heavy rain, it wasn't too bad mopping up the drips with a chamois!. Biggest problem I has was spray blowing up under the bottom of the doors. Partiall cured by careful bending of the door frame but ideally the bottom of the door needs fixing in place so it doesn't blow open at speed. I can't see how to do this once I'm in the car with the hood up and door closed.

Any thoughts?

ditto! mine has a couple of inch gap there so any puddles or standing water your arm IS getting wet!!

• 2 months later...
Guest streetka

sorry to drag this back up, but I am definetely 100% finishing this next weekend!! :rolleyes:

Awning rail is bolted and sealed onto the windscreen, now just need to adapt the RH wet weather gear to slide into it, going to have a look at this in a minute and hoping I can do it! ... also I have to bend the doors to get them to fit? Have new wingmirrors on order so I can bolt them to the bodywork out of the way of the doors.

Reading other posts Longboarder said Caterham do a hood tube the width of the car... anyone know anything about this? Had a look on the Caterham online store and couldn't find anything ... but I did find a Caterham Hoodstick assembly (Part Number: 76222) looks a lot nicer than the scuffed bars RH sent me! I'm going to try tidying them up this week, I noticed a lot of people have painted theirs black ... what have people used? aralydite type paint/spray? Also going to have to get the brackets made bigger, as they just don't seem long enough?

Can't wait to get it fitted and try it out in the rain, pete2b's surrey and side bits do a great job at keeping me dry driving around, just worry about it when it's parked up and raining! ;)

I noticed a lot of people have painted theirs black ... what have people used? aralydite type paint/spray? Also going to have to get the brackets made bigger, as they just don't seem long enough?

I have the RH tubes, mine are painted black but you need something really tough on these to work properly. I think it would be best to have them powder coated or electroplated.

PICT0255.jpg

PICT0262.jpg

Guest streetka

thanks for the pics SEgan - printing them off as I type!! Don't suppose you have a pic of the bracket do you? ...Seems to be quite a few variations of how they are fitted. My RH tube/frame things seem really wide ... they go beyond the bodywork of the car? oh well never mind!!

I'll have to look into getting them painted professionally, luckily RH sent me 4 tube/frames so I can still muck about fitting it this weekend and see about getting the other pair painted!

Do other people find that the 'doors' scratch the rear arches just above the stone guard when they have been opened and closed a few times? If so, has anyone found a solution? I was thinking of a piece of gaffa tape or vinyl on the arch. Brian