Rh Wet Weather Gear

Guest streetka

Guest streetka

All the wet weather gear arrived today ... few questions though!

Can someone just confirm I have all the parts (when I was out for the first delivery phoned to make a second and they were very confused as to which consignments were mine! 2 for Rectory Gardens and 2 for Rectory Road but one from each with my name on?!!) So just want to check I have everything <_< 2 x doors, fabric roof, little bag of fittings with 2 straps rolled up, 4 metal bars and 2 metal bits (brackets?) ducktaped to the bars.

Just a little concerned that I have never seen full wet weather gear on a Robin Hood and no instructions ... I'll be doing it over the weekend so the technical line will be closed :rolleyes:

Any advice please, or does anyone have a guide on their build diary? ...Any pics of wet weather gear GREATLY appreciated!! :D

Guest salty_monk

Sounds about right......

You need to fit poppers or turnbuckles to the hood & screen plus around the rear of the car.

Hinges (standard RH ones never used to be very good) for the doors go on the screen pillar brackets.

The brackets fit either side near the back of the car & the U shaped bars pivot within them. A trial fit will give you position.

Warm the hood up a little to make it more pliable....leave it in the sun (yeah right...) or put it under a radiator.

You may decide you don't want to use the bars, they get in the way when not in use. Some fit one only, other have fitted two, mine never had any & used rollbar only for support.

You may well find some pics in someones build diary.... Can't think of any offhand.

Dan :)

Guest chris brown
Sounds about right......

You need to fit poppers or turnbuckles to the hood & screen plus around the rear of the car.

Having used poppers around the screen I wouldn’t advise it (very very difficult if not impossible to get a water tight seal) fit a length of caravan awning rail across the top of the screen and sew a length of awning tape to the leading edge of the hood (or a length of coax into the double thickness front edge)

It is either Bob Tucker or Graham Mintram (I can’t remember which) has attached the awning rail with sika and it works a treat.

Guest streetka

cheers for the tips guys that's made things look slightly less scary!! ... don't think I'll be fitting it over the weekend then unless I can get my hands on turnbuckles, awning rail etc etc :( ...I also have ordered a surrey off pete and have a spare surrey so I need to be able to switch between the 2 different types of hoods... :rolleyes: Was hoping to get it fitted before a undoubtable rainy week at Silverstone :mellow:

Edited by streetka

Guest salty_monk

Mine has some of that "*bleep*e to a blanket stuff" on it too...

Surrey is easier to fit to the awning rail but why not sew or glue & rivet something to stock RH roof... Good plan Chris :D

Guest streetka

I bought an awning rail .... well 2 in the end because I had to saw it in half to fit in the car :rolleyes: ... it was the only size they had and I can't see how it is going to fit on the windscreen, way too narrow? ... am i missing something? :mellow: (probably!) Given up getting turnbuckles they are either out of stock or when I get there they are the wrong type

Guest 2b_pablo
I bought an awning rail .... well 2 in the end because I had to saw it in half to fit in the car :rolleyes: ... it was the only size they had and I can't see how it is going to fit on the windscreen, way too narrow? ... am i missing something? :mellow: (probably!) Given up getting turnbuckles they are either out of stock or when I get there they are the wrong type

Guys, I have a roof that came with my car but no fasteners on the car itself, can you buy those little pop fasteners? Ive tried googling for them but not sure what the proper name is.

thanks.

Guest streetka

is it normal for the 'doors' to foul on the wing mirrors? ...or do I have odd wingmirrors?

And where the hell do the bars go? and the brackets?

Also received a package today with loads of hinges in ... I assume this is for my doors! :rolleyes:

Guest pwlcarz

Just got back from France and some very wet weather in my S7.

My hood is fixed with poppers on the top of the screen and although they leaked a little in very heavy rain, it wasn't too bad mopping up the drips with a chamois!. Biggest problem I has was spray blowing up under the bottom of the doors. Partiall cured by careful bending of the door frame but ideally the bottom of the door needs fixing in place so it doesn't blow open at speed. I can't see how to do this once I'm in the car with the hood up and door closed.

Any thoughts?

Try --- Graham Bowden, Chris.

I am just one of a few that have gone down this route . Its just that mine has no screws in at all, its just stuck on. And yes I can pull on it - enough to get out of the car ( fixed scuttle is strong !!)

Happy Le Mans weather and narry a drop over the screen..

Graham