Insurance Assesor Due On Friday

insurance asessor is due friday to look at my bent 2b. Hope he approves my quote for fixing it. has anyone else had to go through this and did insurance pay out for you to fixit. insurance value £4000 my repair quote £2900.

Phil,

Insurance stated Value --£4500

The insurance assessor was initially all for writing the car off.

I negotiated it as a "damaged repairable" with the assessor and bought it back from the insurance for £3200, they then took the excess, gave me access to the storage site (I had to transport it myself) and a big cheque for £3000. I "repaired" the car ---The Phoenix . www.gbowden.co.uk for pics. Happily on the road for 2 years now, all I had to do, to meet their requirement was have it MOT'd before putting it back on the road.

Graham

• 1 month later...

its on the mend hope to be at donnington show wont be perfect but just want to catch the end of the summer. can tinker and alter thigs over the winter after i bult the dining room extension rebuilt the garage re fitted the garage and built my study.