Cycle Wing Mounts

Guest robinj66

Guest robinj66

I have a Sierra based S7 with inboard front suspension. the kit originally came with mounts that bolted on but i have now aquired thje later (2B ?) type mounts which are a solid bar welded to a ring which fits over the mushroom (dummy strut which fits in the stub axle). I intend to wled the ring ofd the mount but am unsure whether to fix it to the (cast) stub axle or to the mushroom.

Any Thoughts?

this picture shows the originall mounts which allow too much vibration

No need to weld the bracket to either - you should have received 2 'L' brackets which you drill and fit to secure the bracket to the pinch bolt on the upright. There is alos provision for a third bolt which drills through the bracket into the upright like this:

CycleWingBracket2.jpg

All the above brackets are on either 2B's or Superspecs (similar) your's is completely different as it's a monocoque car with a different type of front suspension.

That's not saying that you won't get idea's how to make some different ones, but theirs will not fit yours.

There are also a couple of different types on our NW website to ponder.

Guest robinj66

Thanks Chaps

John's is close to what I was thinking of doing but Enforcer's look very interesting.

Obviously I got the brackets a long time after the kit was produced (just after the latest ahangeover as I recall) so I'm a bit surprised that I don't have the extra bits. Still, nothing to stop me welding extra bits on - except for my lack of welding skills! :D