Quick Question

Guest crimewade

Guest crimewade

i have an sva appiontment on friday next week, its a morning visit,,, i was planning on driving from there (manchester) to the dvla in preston to have a built up inspection, can i do this even if the car fails the sva...... i have not phoned the dvla yet to book the built up inspection, thanks for all your help so far chaps.

Guest Dee Jay
i have an sva appiontment on friday next week, its a morning visit,,, i was planning on driving from there (manchester) to the dvla in preston to have a built up inspection, can i do this even if the car fails the sva...... i have not phoned the dvla yet to book the built up inspection, thanks for all your help so far chaps.

I went to DVLA after passing SVA with my MAC but they would not consider doing the built up inspection there and then, I had to wait for an appointment. But I did however take all the paperwork and got it checked over, paid fee and handed it over so sped things up slightly by not using the post.

After saying all this it seems that all DVLA offices operate in different ways so you may be in luck? You need phone and enquire I think. Best of luck!!

Dave

Guest robinj66

You can drive to & from the SVA whether it passes or not ( subject to the tester declaring the car unsafe for the road). As far s I am aware,youcannot drive to/from the DVLA build-up inspection. I did manage to do this in Maidstone but only because the office is between home and the SVA.

You need t be careful, especially in a part of the world where there are lots of cameras -driving a car wothout number plates does tend to get a certain amount of reaction fom other road-users. We even got pulled by the police as other drivers had reported the car without plates.

Hi Chris,

at Preston you have to have an appointment, they will frown at you for driving it there,but its on your way home so not really an issue.the tell you have to trailer it there?

you need to book an appointment with cythia slater she does all the paper work at preston for the kit cars, unfortunatly there isnt a direct line to the office.so you will either spend hours phoning swansea to try and get through or call in and try and book it in,

I had my built up inspection before my sva,but when i came to register the car i called in on the way "home"from the test with all the forms and certificates only to be told she was busy by the manager and the couldn't guarantee that her window would be free when it was my turn to be seen?? (i could have let people behind me in the que go before me and wait until Cynthia was free, but he said he couldnt let me do that???, so i gave him all the paper work and a cheque for the fee's and walked out.

Preston will be very busy, its a small office in the middle of a industrial estate with little paring space (great when you think how many cars go there in a day to get there road tax and registering vehicles?).

Simon te latest person to register there, maybe he can shed a better light on a improved service??

Mitch

Guest peter2b2002

i had to make an apointment with the dvla for my build up before the sva test , had to take it on a trailor to Northampton, they also gave me a chassis No. so i could get insurance for the drive to the sva test

pete2b