Ford Granda Cosworth Lsd Diff

Guest scottie686

Guest scottie686

Hi everyone!!

I have a really quick query - i have the oportunity of buying a Granada Cosworth Limited Slip Diff and was wondering whether standard Ford Sierra driveshafts would fit?? The Diff driveshaft flanges are aparantly 100mm.

Your urgent responses would be appreciated.

Regards,

Scott.

;)

Guest chris brown
Hi everyone!!

I have a really quick query - i have the oportunity of buying a Granada Cosworth Limited Slip Diff and was wondering whether standard Ford Sierra driveshafts would fit?? The Diff driveshaft flanges are aparantly 100mm.

Your urgent responses would be appreciated.

Regards,

Scott.

;)

If you have lobro jointed drive shafts then yes they will fit only thing is, is it 7" or 7.5" wide? The normal sierra one is 7". If you have discs on the rear then you should have the correct drive shafts if not then look on the NW site for details on how to change. converting to discs Fitting an LSD

Guest scottie686

It's a new kit (zero 7) which i'm looking to start soon and i haven't got the driveshafts yet. I'm going to buy donor parts independently rather than buy a donor car as i'm using a zetec engine, mt75 box and a limited slip diff. I was worried about having discs on the back though for SVA purposes. I dont want the brake efficiency to be more on the rear because i have no idea how to sort that problem!! I've been told the diff is a 7.5" diff. I ideally want to run an LSD but want to make sure i can get all the parts i need!!

Scott.

Guest scottie686

Just another query, is the xr4x4 diff 7" or 7.5"? Will those driveshafts fit? Problem then of course are the rear discs. I'd love to run discs but as i said, may cause probs with SVA. Are all 2.0l sierra driveshafts not teh 100mm flange fitment?

Edited by scottie686

Just another query, is the xr4x4 diff 7" or 7.5"? Will those driveshafts fit? Problem then of course are the rear discs. I'd love to run discs but as i said, may cause probs with SVA. Are all 2.0l sierra driveshafts not teh 100mm flange fitment?

i might be wrong but i think all you have to do is reduce the angle of the rear inline brake valve down a bit so it is easier for the ball bearing to move forward under braking. it is obviously an inertia mechanism so i don't know what happens at sva as it won't work quite the same on a rolling road.

The sva man said he had seen that valve in all sorts of positions even horizontal across the back axle so it only worked on one wheel when cornering :) :rolleyes:

Guest Tim Norman

Lose the brake proportion valve thingy you don't need it. Lose the servo as well you don't need that either. Mine passed the brake test no problem with the discs on the back. Just make sure the brakes are bed in before you get to the test centre. ;)

does the zero 7 use the sierra pedal box?

if not you can fit one of the aftermarket ones from the likes of rally design etc with twin cylinders and a bias bar set up - that should let you set the brakes up to suit your needs

sva test is a static test and bias set up needs to pass the efficiency levels at both extremes of adjustment

Guest chris brown

XR4x4 are all as far as I know 7" and as others have said there is no problem with fitting discs fort SVA.

Final question. No drum braked cars have push in drive shafts

As for going for various parts the only problem is you will end up with a Q plate. Also remember regardless of the Q plate if the engine you fit is post August 95 you will require a cat and you will require proof of age.

Guest scottie686

Thank you all for your replies. After posting my last reply i was speaking with my brother who is currently putting a Cosworth Turbo into his 3a and i happened to mention the above diff i'd been offered and he only just decided to tell me that he has complete XR4X4 driveshafts, hubs, carriers and calipers sitting up his work shop!! :yahoo:

So i need to decide now whether to go ahead and get this Granada Cossie 7.5" LSD or wait and try and get hold of an XR4X4 LSD to suit the running gear my brother has been hording!! :rolleyes:

Does anyone by any chance have a decent XR4X4 diff for sale?!?!?!? ;)

Scott.

Guest vacinc
XR4x4 are all as far as I know 7" and as others have said there is no problem with fitting discs fort SVA.

Final question. No drum braked cars have push in drive shafts

As for going for various parts the only problem is you will end up with a Q plate. Also remember regardless of the Q plate if the engine you fit is post August 95 you will require a cat and you will require proof of age.

Final question. No drum braked cars have push in drive shafts ? mine has ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest scottie686

Hmmm. Got my Granada Cossie diff this week. Took it up to my brothers workshop to offer it up to the XR4X4 driveshafts and hubs etc my brother has and it turns out it wont fit! The XR4X4 shafts are 108mm and not 100mm like the diff flanges. Now need to decide, do buy standard sierra bolt shafts and run drums on the rear or sell the Cossie diff and wait for an XR4X4 diff 7" and 108mm shafts? Hmm decisions decisions!