Chris, What does a 300A fuse look like - An M3 bolt ?? :D

Terry

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

Guy

That's a nice sausage sandwich Bill, just needs some brown sauce.

I prefer Tomato Joey likes Barbque. :lol:

Terry

I assume that when tested it was turning the engine over not just spinning the starter motor.

Yes it was spinning the lot, Spark plugs in as well so compression to overcome. We are planning to run it down the tunnel, Well shielded of course. Vibration problem see next topic. :)

Jon

Thats what we intend doing the original setup is already connected to the starter and we will put a juntion where it meets our new cable (Front and rear) No vibration problems there. B)

CJ

You have had too much spare time on your hands recently! :wacko:

Its the Hoodie spirit lets try doing something different, Its not that difficult (DaveQ)

Its just a matter of routing the well insulated cable and making a housing for the battery, Easier than struggling to fit a heater in the tiny space.

If we wanted to be the same we could have just kept the donor. :p

And finally it makes an interesting read when I get home from work.

Thanks All

Bill and Joey

Guest cjbailey
PS, Chris you should spend less time in Halfords drooling over all that OTT ICE and get on with your build...

;)

I have only been into halfords once in the past month, and that was cus I need a new wheeltrim for my laguna, and the ones that are on are halfords own!

I don't like all the stupid audio stuff, I have an MP3 player which is 4 x 50W, that is it, no amp, no sub, nothing!

CJ

You have had too much spare time on your hands recently!  :wacko:

Yeah I know, I am not very busy at work so I get a bit bored :mellow: . I also can't work on the car at the moment cus it is always dark and the lights have died :angry: .

Guest Tony Tank
. I also can't work on the car at the moment cus it is always dark and the lights have died

:p you can always tap bill/joey up for some of their bulk buy wiring ( seems they have loads lying about ) ;) Hope u r still smiling at this post :D

I'm thinking about putting the battary in the boot as well, mabe next to the radiator and the horn, is this a good idea?

Guy I assume you mean the nose cone/bonnet

I would'nt recomend you doing that,if you are unfortunate to have a heavy front end prang you stand the chance of being showered with battery acid, if it were to split!!!!!!!!

cheers Ian

Gentlemen, Perhaps the more diplomatic answer from some of the pescimists (myself included) should be "you can ... these are the issues ... I wouldn't / didn't ... but of course it's up to you"

Pistols at dawn is surely more suitable for other "more afluent owners" clubs :p

Ant

Don't start passing the buck onto us SuperSpec (to be) owners, see the photograph, battery in front where it is supposed to be. Anyway, if you put it in the back ,where is Joey going to store his beer on club runs? ;)

post-8-1066329261.jpg

Guest Battery Bill

We think using the original RH idea it makes the battery area quite crowded, if we move it to the back there will be more space in that area for heater, blowers, legs.

We also want to make our bonnet a scuttle type and without the battery there we can make the firewall straight across so it will be easier to attach the top "Fixed" bit of the bonnet (the bit where the screen goes).

In the past I have had a go at rally cross and my car when stripped out was too light in the rear end so we fitted a bag of bricks and it was exellent. So we feel a bit more weight in the back end cannot do much harm and may possibly help to stop the tail sliding out (Unless you want it that way).

There is room to the side of the boot area which the battery will fit which will not impose much on the normal boot capacity, and anything we lose at the back we will regain at the front.

It will also leave a lot more room at the front should Joey require a sterio fitting.

It will not be that much more work as I have said before.

So off we go :ph34r: :ph34r:

Christ

This ones really got you riled hasn't it :lol:

Are you annoyed because you've got shares in automotive battery wire, and aren't best pleased that bill isn't going to use it? :huh: ;)

Just sit back and take a breather knowing that if it goes tits up, you can be the first to jump in and say I told you so :gdit:

Morty

Ps Ilove your signature line

Edited by Big Jim

Guest Battery Bill

Morty

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :D

No we have got rid of the Sierra one and the Granada one, but when we do get one we will ask you if its OK to fit it! :lol: :lol:

Sorry Bill,

It wasn't intended to sound so pessimistic, but I've edited it now to how I meant it to be(ish). I think it's perfectly viable, and worth doing just so your car is that bit different, so at shows people will look in your engine bay and say "where's your battery mate?" Then you can say "ah, well there's a story to that one :) "

Go for it, it seems well thought through, and you can't be going off half cocked, since this discussions been on for a week now. :ph34r: (ducks for cover)

Morty

Good point Daren :lol: