Serial Number

itllbedonesoon

now i hope i am not being a numpty here, but where is the engine serial number on a 2.0ltr pinto???

Its a 205 block so i am pretty sure it is a 2.0 ltr but the serial number i have is '85HM6015BB' from the off side of the block (exhaust side).

But the format of this number does not match the other ones i have seen on the forum. i can not find any other serial number length numbers anywhere else on the block.

any clues please?

i want to make sure i send the correct number to Ford for the official date document.

That serial number sounds like the one riveted to the block and often relates to getting specific parts for the engine.

The actual engine number is on a small flat area on the block just under the manifold and it will be stamped in, rather than anything riveted or cast on.

Usual format is 2 letters then 5 numbers, e.g. AB12345

Can be very difficult to read, try cleaning up a bit then rubbing some black shoe polish over and sometimes sticks into the stamped figures.

Andy

The number i listed was cast as part of the block under the exhast manifold, i will see if i can find anything 'stamped' anywhere.

My wife always says I never look for anything properly - may be she is right! (dont tell her i said so).

I will have another look,

cheers