Fuel Pump

Guest klaxon

Eric. Re drills.

I got drills here but quite expensive. Its a clock makers supplier in medmaw hall.

www.medmaw.com

Click "enter the UK Medmaw Hall" Enter M & P store, tick "entire store" and enter "HSS drills" in keywords.

Ryan. Re Manifold.

RH supplies a 1/4" steel flange plate for about £10. I then manufactured the branch pipes. I used 38mm mild steel chasis tubing, but I had to slit it and welded a piece in to make it 40mm O/D to fit the carb rubbers. You could make the 38mm tube fit by dumping the rubbers and using radiator hose or similar but you lose some diameter and dont get a clean flow at the joins. I then cut out "V"s, bent the tube and welded it back up to get the doglegs because the port spacing is wider than the carb spacing. You also need to angle the branches upwards to bring the float chamber seals horizontal. All very fiddly, it took me a couple of weeks. I,m now doing the Throttle/choke cables and the plumbing. You will also need a pressure regulator, low pressure pump or both as mentioned earlier.

Guest erichetherington

As you say they're not cheap (or perhaps I'm just too careful!) I think I'll try to find the size of the originals in my carbs, I'm in no hurry, and then just get the 3 or 4 above.

Must have been a labour of love making that manifold, looks good though and probably far more interesting than the tele!

Thanks for the info.

Eric