Size Of A Lightweight

Guest cherno

hi and there is nothing wrong with a fully strenghtened lightweight.

it handles well and appears strong enough and it dosent flex as you might think.

well if you are going to hit a 32 ton lorry in anything then pheraps a lightweight ant the thing to do it in.

but having said that the lightweight will mayby get you out of trouble as it is a bit lighter and more nimble than a 2b for instance.

the strengthening issues should now be behind us, as i have i hope now proved.

the issues generally relate to the seat back and the bolting of the susspencuion supports.

also the boxing of the top of the shell where the sides cone up and dont reverse back to the side.

all this has been documented and pictures are available.

i have a second lightweight ready for sva and i will let you know how that goes.

i love the look and preportions of the lightweight.

also that it appears that a lot of thought has gone on to the design.

yea right???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

the only design that was done was to get money out of us the punter, and the redesign was nessary to make it road worthy.

but i still love the car and as a hoodie i can make mend and addapt as you have to.

regards graham

Guest chris brown
the issues generally relate to the seat back and the bolting of the susspencuion supports.

also the boxing of the top of the shell where the sides cone up and dont reverse back to the side.

all this has been documented and pictures are available.

regards graham

Graham

How about an article for the mag along with photos would make a good read for all hoodies not just the L/W owners.

I know I’m getting pushy now I’m on the committee :lol: :p

• 1 year later...
Guest BanderaBob
Recently, I purchased one of the partial kits from "Jim" at Coveland Motorsports in upstate New York, USA. Partial kit means that you do not receive the instructions and you do receive lots of excuses. Then once Coveland gets tried of making excuses communications just stop altogether.

The kit is a great deal like a complicated jigsaw puzzle with major pieces missing and all of the supplied peices unidentified.

Hey Chuck, Nice to see that you're back again. I'm impressed with your description of the "Coveland" Kit. It seems quite apt. Still working on mine, and finding a few surprises almost every day.

Come on down to Texas and we can commiserate. BanderaBob. :huh: