Please Help Before Making A New Purchase

Guest ROBIN2B

hi

i just had to reply .

if you can find a good partbuilt lightweight , it can be made ito a very good and unique car .but with lots of work .

another lightweight has very recently passed , again with issues but it depends on the tester .

re the strength issues mine has recenly spent 17 hours on thr rolling road ,to iron out the new engine issues , if you have ever seen a car being put through its paces on a r/r i think you will know it gets a beating .

zero is a great car appears easy to put together and looks the part .

bob nailed it earlier , it depends what you want out of it .

bear in mind the lightweight has no boot space , for bits and bobs , so if you cant get it on the boot or in the car it ant going .camping can be a bit of a sparce afair.

desions desions ?

i have a 2 b and have had before a pillar 2b . for a sunday blast i would take the lightweight .

however if i were to be going for we/end it would be the 2b .

confused i am now !

graham

Help me gd-c Kanobi. You're my only hope :D

I didn't know the LW has no boot. Hmmmm, something to definatly bear in mind.

A Robin hood for all seasons is what we want. And I'm probably leaning towards the SS for comfort and practicality. However, the Zero looks so sweeeeeet. (would probably get myself in serious trouble with it though :) )

Guest chris brown
A Robin hood for all seasons is what we want. )

Then stick with the 2B and change the front end to wishbone. But do as Bob says first get some fun out of it then next winter cut the front suspension off and do the conversion. There has been lots of discussion on here lately about changing the wishbones for better ones you might be in the ideal position to do just that.

then as chris says upgrade the pillar .

its a great upgrade and the car will be transformed .

its been done and is documented on here , gbs will either supply the bits or do the whole job .

ask richard for a cost .

dont get me wrong i love the lightweight but it has its limitations , it ant a long distance cruser with

room for the camping stuff .

dan and i have to split the gear and then share a tent mmmmmmmmmmmmm.,

graham

Guest chris brown
With the right engine, wishbones and shocks the 2B can be a serious track performer, and a good road car, anyone who has seen Bob at Barkston will probably agree! :D

Anyone who has been round Barkston as a passenger with Bob would agree with that. :bad: I just wish I could drive that quick without spinning off. :wacko: The car will go quicker it's just the old git behind the wheel that can’t. :hi:

Hi Larry, if you're free over the weekend I am working on my Zero/ It is almost finished and I have the SVA in 2 weeks

I'm only in Bracknell, so if you want to have a look you're more than welcome

Sorry fella, only just seen this one.

At the moment, I'm frantically trying to get my 2b finished for SVA but would love to have a butchers when I get time. My Daughter dances over at Pinewood on a Saturday so sometimes pick her up from there and can pop over before.

Thanks for all the input guys. I did tentativly mention the possibility of another build to the future ex Mrs Knockie. You'll be surprised how much your eyes water while removing a wheel brace :o

I think that at the moment, I'm going to keep my head below the horizon and just get out in the 2b over the Summer and see how it goes :) I can always keep my eyes open......