Give Me A Pinto In A Robin Hood Anyday

Snapperpaul

I have had a week off mainly to work on the Kit but the Galaxy overheated a week ago so i thought i would take the AA mans advise and replace the water pump, not easy on a V6 and i had to dismantle most of the right side of the car, air box, grill, headlight etc then crane the engine up and forward, a day later the pump was in and the car boiled over again within 5 to 7 miles.

Next visit the thermostat and its complex housing, now the thermostat persay is no problem to get at but the "Galaxy owners club forum" for there is one, says remove the whole caboodle and check for cracks.

So i started the process of removing enough stuff to get at the 3 bolts holding the housing on.

Now the complete left side of the engine bay resembles a war zone, headlight, indicator light, battery, battery tray, under tray, and coilpack are all strewn over the floor.

When you take of the battery tray you have to jack the car, remove the under tray, support the engine and gearbox seperately as the 4 massive engine/gearbox mount bolts go through the battery tray :wacko: :wacko:

Tommorow i will put it all back again.

Wish me luck

Guest fozzy2007

good god. ill remember not to buy a galaxy in future. how long has it been overheating for. i know its a sore subject for any car owner but its not a head gasket issue is it. mind you that would probally be easier than what you are having to do now. anyhow, good luck.

Rob

I hope you are quicker with this rebuild then you have been wit the "Hood

Galaxy 4 days

Hood 4 years

but like the Galaxy i will not be beaten, the hood will be completed now that i have witness the SVA first hand.