Bike Carbs

Guest Leaner

Guest Leaner

Hi D an the carbs connected directly to the bike engine with 1.5 inch rubber hoses held on with jubilee clips so really its no different than what i have done i havent added or taken anything off .

many thanks for your input .

Bernie ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest salty_monk
Hi D an the carbs connected directly to the bike engine with 1.5 inch rubber hoses held on with jubilee clips so really its no different than what i have done i havent added or taken anything off .

many thanks for your input .

Bernie ;)

Hi Bernie,

Sure, but on my bike there is a port engine side of those 4 rubber intakes on the head of the engine that allows you to connect a vacuum balancing gauge.

I'm not sure how you'd balance them accurately without it hence my logic that you might have to add some in (i.e. drill & tap the manifold engine side of your rubber hoses)......

Dan :)

Guest Leaner

Hi, What are you doing with this bit marked on the picture?

thanks

stuart

[/quote

Hi stuart I have blanked the holes off, I am not using them for anything. I have cut my inlet stubs to about 1.5 inches long apart from the front one which I have cut about 2 inch long because of the angle I needed to suit the carbs. I have it got running now thanks to Mike born in a barn and Chris Wade, there good mates but I wish they wouldnt eat all my hob nobs ;) . In reply to Dans query I am hoping to balance them as I would webbers. i am hoping to go round the block tomorow night will post the outcome!!!!Thanks for all input.

Bernie :D :D :D B) B) B)

On the megajolt site they recoment a vacuum resovoir, an airtight box about 4 x 2 x 1 inches with the four pipes from each carb runner going to it and then the vac advance and servo coming off the box.

It's supposed to reduce any pulsing.

Guest stuart_

[/quote

Hi stuart I have blanked the holes off, I am not using them for anything. I have cut my inlet stubs to about 1.5 inches long apart from the front one which I have cut about 2 inch long because of the angle I needed to suit the carbs. I have it got running now thanks to Mike born in a barn and Chris Wade, there good mates but I wish they wouldnt eat all my hob nobs ;) . In reply to Dans query I am hoping to balance them as I would webbers. i am hoping to go round the block tomorow night will post the outcome!!!!Thanks for all input.

Bernie :D :D :D B) B) B)

I cut one side off and found that they where joined. so i was thicking of melting down some alu and pouring it in, to blank them off.

Thanks you for all the info

Guest salty_monk

I guess you might balance them like Webbers, it's much harder with 4 of them though because changing one affects all the others. Honestly you'll find it much easier & quicker with a bike style balancer, more accurate too but the effects of it being slightly off will not be so noticeable in a car anyway.

Good luck with it!

Dan :)

• 2 weeks later...
it is a 1.6, so the bike carbs is the only mod i am doing.

Can i suggest an easy cheap power upgrade for the 1600, use a 2.0L cam it gives a little more lift and a little more duration and should be almost free from anyone upgrading there 2.0L cam