Wheels Day 08

chris n

Four of us braved the weather and went along to Wheels Day

The weather forecast had said we were in for some rain showers and the prospect of snow showers just to add to the days fun (great!!!). In the end it turned out to be not a bad day at all, just a bit cold and windy.

Huge turn out of show cars.

We even had the Ghostbusters on hand just in case anything supernatural kicked off :lol: :blink:

A big thank you to all who made it along today. :D

wd0801.jpg

wd0803.jpg

wd0802.jpg

wd0804.jpg

Guest minty

Chris - respect for turning out - hope you all had a good day - it was flipping cold and snowy here near Silverstone in darkest Blakesley - still gave me time to check out the cylinder head gasket change I've just completed - not 100% - some spit back of water - but I reckon it'll be OK for France and Le Mans! Also the judder from brakes would have meant a dodgy ride all the way to Aldershot for Wheels, just spent this afternoon doing the brakes and wheel allignment - yet to test that as I've had too much speckled hen and any way - it's too cold and slippery out there! :drinks:

Guest Alan_builder
Four of us braved the weather and went along to Wheels Day

The weather forecast had said we were in for some rain showers and the prospect of snow showers - In the end it turned out to be not a bad day at all, just a bit cold and windy.

Thanks for organising the event Chris.

Tim & I never intended to come as we had to change the gear box in Tim's new every day car.

Glad the weather was better for you than it was for us. We had 4 bad rain snow sleet showers!

Alan

I :wub: my :rhsc:

Guest chris n's missus

This was mine and tasha's first wheels day. despite the breeze that whipped up every now and then, the weather was quite pleasant.

there was loads to see - plenty of cool cars to look at. we saw everything from the General Lee, to some gorgeous caddies and mustangs, some american hearses complete with ornate coffins and the Ghostbusters car to boot.

there were a few stalls selling all sorts of goodies, and some fairground rides for kids of all ages, even some live music.

would definately recommend it for a good day out - will cross fingers for some better weather next year.

Edited by Becks