Fuel Tank Fitment

Guest soon2benakedrockstar

Guest soon2benakedrockstar

Can I please have some options of fuel tank fitment please. Pictures would be great help. I've seen of a few people using some sort of strap. The only way I can describe the strap is it's about an inch wide with holes all the way up the centre. Any one know what I'm going on about? And if so where I can get some from

I tried the strapping but couldn't get the tank solid enough.

I made up some bracketry and then some angle rails for it to sit in. Then it was clamped down.

Have a look on my website (Sep/Oct 2005). There's pics which should explain it better than words.

Guest Gregs
I made a frame for it to sit on out of 3/4 inch angle iron. The tank is then strapped to the frame:

TankMount.jpg

I strapped mine straight into the chassis using 1" stainless strapping - bolted to the chassis Protected the tank using strap rubber from CBS. HTH

Edited by Gregs

Guest Alan_builder
Can I please have some options of fuel tank fitment please. Pictures would be great help. I've seen of a few people using some sort of strap. The only way I can describe the strap is it's about an inch wide with holes all the way up the centre. Any one know what I'm going on about? And if so where I can get some from

My Bootlook down the pictures and you can see our straps, 1" wide SS strip 2 off, joined with a nut and set screw, same as the wire jubilee clip. We used some angle offcuts to brace the ss strip where the nut and bolt tension it. Simple hole through ss strip on both sides of the leg of the L flange. thatis wrap the ss over the top of the L and drill through. 4" bolts put all the tension you will need.

I :wub: my :rhsc: