Count Down To Stoneleigh

Joel

My car's been off the road for about 6 months over the winter, primarily for an engine swap, but I also completely rewired it and fabricated a new bulkhead in the process. :rolleyes:

So, now the race to be ready for Stoneleigh is on, and it's going to go down to the wire!

I still have to:

• Set cam spacing
    Fit rocker cover
    Set engine timing
    Fill oil and coolant systems
    Connect a few odd wires
    Fit carbs
    Fit Megasquirt
    Calibrate Megasquirt
    Fit Heater and Wipers
    Fit Bonnet and Scuttle
    Fingers crossed it starts!
    MOT, Tax and Insurance

I will be ready, I will be ready, I will be ready :help: :D

Still haven't quite got my head around cam-timing and the carb setup - what's the deal with Weber 45 DCOE's? Do they run 'out of the box', so to speak, or does someone who knows what they're doing need to twiddle lots of knobs? ...and I'm not even going to ask about jetting! :fool:

First thing with your carbs did you buy them jetted for your engine if so they should run out of the box so you should not have too much trouble .

Set idle mixture for a steady idle speed then Synchronize carbs by adjusting idle speed screws until a balanced airflow is acheived .

Also check there are still in balance at higher revs if not adjust to fine tune them and then you have it flying .

Sounds easy and it is when you have done it a few times as first time it is a bit daunting but well worth the effort .

Mike

Guest Ian & Carole

Joel

Prioritise!!!

Do you need a heater and wipers ?

Get it running and see what time you have left.

Webers might run "out of box" but will need to be balanced. So both carbs are pulling together, not hard but very time consuming un less you are lucky or have knowledge of them.

Mixture screws turn all the way in gently then back them off 21/2 turns each, that will get you running, then turn each in turn slowly in and out untill the engine starts to "hunt" set the screw mid way between the screwed in hunting and the screwed out hunting (if that makes sence)

Might take 1/2 hr might take 2 hrs.

HTHs

Ian J