Pinto Head..............gbs Bike Carbs

Hi All

Just wondering what your views are on this, basically is it any good and how much would you pay?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-PINTO-RS2000-PE...1QQcmdZViewItem

I am after a new tuned head for my pinto, (standard bottom end), I then am after some better carbs than the 38 DGAS i have at the moment, i noticed these on the GBS website, has anyone got any experience of these? £250 a fair price?

http://www.greatbritishsportscars.com/convkit%20018.jpg

Thanks for any advice,

Simon

Guest Takumi

for £250, its not bad, as it should work straight out of the box (as it wer')

You can buy a manifold for less than £100 from various forums >locostbuilders.co.uk will have suppliers on there..

and you can buy a really good set of carbs for less than £100, but you will have to respace them..

It really depends if you're happy to pay £50-£100 extra for the ease of fitting them out of the box.

Guest erichetherington

No doubt that that combinationwill make some power, only question then is how new/good is your standard bottom end? Before it goes bang that is.

Thanks guys, bottom end is basically brand new, when i got the engine last year it had been stuck in a colledge so never used :D

Any advice on the head and whats its worth? I see newley recon ones on ebay for £400 but if this went for £300 i think it may be worth while, especially as i am in northampton so can pick it up easily!!

Cheers

Simon

Guest erichetherington

Sounds like you should be OK then, as far as the bottom end is concerned and I agree with you about the price of the head. looks a nice spec.

Guest salty_monk

I believe that is pretty much the same spec as the head on Daren Faseys Car.

The HT1 cam is quite lumpy I think. If it's as good as he says it is then it's certainly worth 300 quid, probably a bit more. The Cam & vernier pulley alone would be approaching 200 quid new without the bigger valves etc.

Cheers,

Dan

Guest jaybe

I have just fitted the gbs manifold/bikecarb kit to my 2l ported pinto. Still needs a little bit of fettling but basically a very straightforward job. Very happy with the results.

Good luck

John

Guest red hornet
I have just fitted the gbs manifold/bikecarb kit to my 2l ported pinto. Still needs a little bit of fettling but basically a very straightforward job. Very happy with the results.

Good luck

John

Hi there we have just fitted the same manifold and carbs very straight forward and a excellent result, had a problem with a plug lead, got that changed , been out tonight goes really well, Ian :D