Convert Wishbones

Guest carman

Guest Andy Rathbone

i have have converted 2b slidding pillock to wubble wishbone, the system works where the pillars didnt and its easier to setup to your handling preference, so for un road tested. buts great up and down the garden. i have a piccy of the suspension (not the garden) but cant post it. its too big i can email it to you if you like its 54K send me a PM with your email

hope this helps

Yes you are correct my 2B is sliding pillar front suspension and I would like to convert it to double front wishbone system. What would be involved in this change ? Would it make the handling better ?

Guest Andy Rathbone

Whats involved in the change? well a bit of hacksawing and a bit of creative welding and some painting. as for the handling i dont know i couldnt get the pillars to work properly, so decided to bite the bullet and go for wishbones, feel free to come and measure and photograph, tea and biccies may also materialise B)

From what I can make out, ever model of Hood has had a different type of suspension. :o

I'm also lead to believe that the inboard coilovers as fitted to your car are the best set up. :D

Piddy.

Guest mickmellors

If anyone fancies converting to wishbones but doesnt fancy DIY :( , try RS Jigtec, they can supply you with all the bits or they can do the whole conversion for you. Speak to Bob and mention the Club - you might knock a few quid off ;) .