On This Tank Red Is Feed...?

Guest jwts

Guest jwts

Hi,

I'm building a 2004 SuperSpec. My fuel tank has a label (very faded) which says 'On this tank red is feed'. I have spoken to other SuperSpec owners who tell me red is return. Can anyone who has a 2004 Super Spec confirm that 'red is send' for this older tank?

Some pics:

post-2794-1212534293_thumb.jpg post-2794-1212534325_thumb.jpg

While I'm writing, there are three electrical connections to the tank, one is a red wire (reads approx 8 ohms to earth), there is one pin that is direct to earth (0 ohms) and one more that is approx 15 ohms to earth. I am assuming one pin is earth, the pin with the 15 ohm reading is the tank sender and the wire connection with the 8 ohm reading is the pump power supply - does this sound right?

Thanks for any info.

John (jwts).

Guest craig030774

only sure way is to remove the sender only about a 1/8th of a turn to remove and see which pipe goes to the bottom then you can check electrical connections

craig

John,

Your tank looks totally different to mine, so cant use as a comparison. Mine has red/white plastic push fit connectors with a 5 pin multi-plug. Hopefully picture attached!

FWIW, your assumptions sound right regarding the wiring.

Al

post-1475-1212595731_thumb.jpg

Guest Jomeo69

Thats the same sender that came with our superspec. pretty sure that the one with the red tape on in the picture is the return but as the car isnt at home at the mo cant be 100% sorry.

Joe