Coolman To Pinto Radiator Hoses?

Just replacing/cleaning out cooling system as it has started to overheat for the first time in years. I've replaced the original 1995 kit radiator with a coolman which has the pipes sticking straight out, without 90 degree bends, so was wondering if anybody knew the hose part numbers or what car they would be for. Both top and bottom hoses now need to be 90 degree bends, top with 8x3 inch legs and bottom with 7x5 inch legs.

Preliminary searching has found lots of radiator topics and one reference to welding bends onto the rad to use std hoses.

Edited by geoff shep

Hi, for my top hose, I butchered the sierra 1, but the bottom hose was from halfords. It's a flexy, and listed for either a Mk2 or Mk3 cortina bottom hose. Added bonus is it comes with the correct size ends to suit.

Nick

Guest pwlcarz

Go for silicon hoses - you won't regret it.

Assuming you have the rad in the standard position.

For the top hose you can use a standard 32mm 90 degree bend with 4 inch 'legs' and an ally hose joiner which you will need to extend the vertical (upwards) leg to the correct height.

For the bottom hose, call Europa spares and they will make you a hose to fit both the water pump size (which if I recall correctly is 41mm but suggest you check) and the rad outlet (32mm). just a 90 degree bend and you will have to trim the hose 'leg' down to fit.

post-1735-1216185993_thumb.jpg

you can just make out the bottom hose in the picture (ignore the heater hose wrapped in silicon tape - that has now been replaced by proper silicon hose)

Regards