Yellow Relays

Guest jwts

Hi,

I have started to do the wiring on my 2004 SuperSpec and find I have three yellow Ford relays (61UHD 93B6) with pins numbered

1 – 2 – 3 – 5

but the wiring diagram refers to pin numbers 30 – 85 – 86 – 87

By chance I noticed there is a relay in the horn kit which uses the 30/85/86/87 numbering. By comparing the two diagrams on the relays and the pin layout I have concluded that:

Pin 1 = 86

Pin 2 = 85

Pin 3 = 30

Pin 5 = 87

Can anyone confirm this? Are these yellow relays directly substitutable for the usual black ones?

Whilst sorting through the electrical bits I also found I had two other relays (3 pin) with the number 9ED534 stamped in white (with a blue spot underneath) and the number D3LOA embossed. The first number had no hits in Google and the second only had hits on overseas sites (eg, Poland and Sweden). In the cases where there was some English it seems these are alarm relays for a Ford Mondeo (new shape)???

What are they used for on my SuperSpec? NB - I bought my kit 2nd hand so it is possible these did not come with the original kit.

Thanks for any info…

John (jwts)

As far as i can see the pin configarations are totaly different between a standard black relay and the yellow Ford ones although the pin numbering relate to the same connections circuit wise.

Mike

Guest Dan_Beeston

Yep, Ford relays use a different pin ocnfigurations so you can't take a typical black automotive relay out of a holder and plug a Yellow Ford one in it's place.............

They work the same way though so by swapping the connections round you can use whichever you prefer