Sva & Fog Lights

Guest Steve

Hi,

Building a 2b using the Vicki Green loom and I have noticed a comment on the loom implying that the fog light is not necessary for passing the SVA as long as no cables are run for them. Is this true? Can I forget the fog light and pass SVA & MOT tests? If there is any way to do this then I would do it so keen to have a considered opinion on it.

Cheers

Steve

Guest TerryBarry

According to section 9 of the SVA Manual [Lighting/Signalling (obligatory)] rear fog lamps are included. In the annex the number of rear fog lamps is given as one but if only one fitted it must be within the centre and offside of the vehicle.

HTH

Terry

centre and offside of the vehicle

I am just about to fit a fog light to my car, does anyone know the required height to fit it, I know only that it should not be below the back of the car.

Terry, what do you mean when you say centre and offside of the vehicle? i nkow off side but do you mean between edge of car and spare wheel?

Cheers

Bugsy

Guest TerryBarry

According to the Manual "On centre line or to offside of vehicle (minimum separation from stop lamp 100mm"

Minimum height is 250mm; maximum is 1000mm

The face of the fog lamp needs to be vertical - there doesn't seem to be a tolerance quoted.

It must be visible from the rear within a +/- 25° horizontal angle ( so not too close to the spare wheel)

HTH

Terry