Mobile Help

Swan Jnr

hello,

i just wanted to pick the brains of the rhocar mobile phone experts.

i'd like a mobile that i can use to access emails when away from work, but dont want to go down the blackberry route. i can access hotmail etc on the current one, but i need to be able to set up pop3 type stuff to access my work webmail acount.

just wondered if anyone new of a cheap alternative for me to look for second hand on ebay?

cheers

paul

I have a Blackberry and its a very good phone and service.My emails come through as quick as on the puter.A work mate has a email linked phone from Vodaphone and it takes 15 minutes some times to come through.No big deal but a pain sometimes.I know very little about these phones but i like my Blackberry.

Cheers Andy

Guest mikebloomfield

we used to have Palm Treo's, which are ok for email & have many useful features etc. but were not very good phones. Also they used to crash often.

we have ben using Blackberry's for the last couple of months and they are much quicker and so far work perfectly.

great advice thanks.

i've been looking for the above phones second hand on ebay. the only thing that bothers me is that i'm with "3" andf some of the unlocked phones say "unlocked for all networks except 3" whats weird about 3 and why dont unlocked phones work on it?

thanks

Paul

Not what I'd call cheap, but my iPhone grabs e-mail from 3 different accounts. a gmail account, a pop3 account and Apples own .mac mail account. I've been fairly pleased with it overall. the 8GB models might start going cheapish on eBay soon. Plus it's an iPod. There is also an downloadable application called Track Day which uses the in built accelerometer and GPS to give 0-60, 1/4 mile times etc and give lap timing if you are into racing.

I think it will make me coffee if I ask it nicely.

Cheers,

Richard