Efi Distributor

speedtripledan

Hi,

I,ve asked this before but i,m hoping someone new may have some info

i'm about to ditch the EFI system on my 2.1 pinto as i want to use carbs, does anyone know how to modify the ignition wiring to retain the use of the EFI 3 wire distriburtor and spark amp? i,m told there is a way of doing it but cannot find the info anywhere

cheers

Dan

Guest Dan_Beeston

You shouldn't need to do anything, so long as you keep the EECIV, TFI module, dizzy, coil etc connected up as normal you can just leave the Injector connectors disconnected.......

You might need to replace the Throttle pot with one attached to your carbs, but I think this is only for transient fuelling anyway so shouldn't upset the spark map.

Oh, & you probably want to keep the coolant temp sensor that is in the injection manifold, though the ignition will probably still run fine without it........

You shouldn't need to do anything, so long as you keep the EECIV, TFI module, dizzy, coil etc connected up as normal you can just leave the Injector connectors disconnected.......

You might need to replace the Throttle pot with one attached to your carbs, but I think this is only for transient fuelling anyway so shouldn't upset the spark map.

Oh, & you probably want to keep the coolant temp sensor that is in the injection manifold, though the ignition will probably still run fine without it........

Cheers for the info i was going to try that to see at what point the spark stops, but until i find a linkage for the 38dgas now't is happening :mellow: