Advice Please

Guest newbie

Hello,

just some advice pse, new to the kit car scene, (transfering from bikes!) and interested in getting a robin hood, i haven't got the space or time at the moment to build one, im going to have a budget of about £3000 to spend on one, can i get a good one for this? should i go for the 2litre pinto etc etc etc,

any advice would be appreciated,

cheers

hi there,

the answer is that you should be able to get a good car for that money IF you are prepared to wait a little,

i bought my 2b for that kind of figure, it was 9 months post a first time sva pass, 2 litre pinto, excellent build, did a trip to le mans and various other places with no problems in the first year.

get to some shows, look at as many cars as possible and when a car comes up that seems a really good price you'll be abkle to tell if its a good un or not.

there may also be local meets where you can have a look at cars and get advice

paul

Guest bettinson2005
hi there,

the answer is that you should be able to get a good car for that money IF you are prepared to wait a little,

i bought my 2b for that kind of figure, it was 9 months post a first time sva pass, 2 litre pinto, excellent build, did a trip to le mans and various other places with no problems in the first year.

get to some shows, look at as many cars as possible and when a car comes up that seems a really good price you'll be abkle to tell if its a good un or not.

paul

hi i bought one this year first time a 2b with pinto . sva 2007. paid £2k . but i have spent about a grand on it. new roof.wheels.carbs. exhaust . i dont think it was a brilliant build. but still a good car.ive been all over with and had loads of fun. so i think it was worth the money i paid and the extra i have spent. just for the smile factor hope this helps cheers carl

hi there,

paul

Thanks paul, yea i was planning to go to some shows and meets

whats the 2litre like pretty quick?

hi i bought one this year first time a 2b with pinto . sva 2007. paid £2k . but i have spent about a grand on it. new roof.wheels.carbs. exhaust . i dont think it was a brilliant build. but still a good car.ive been all over with and had loads of fun. so i think it was worth the money i paid and the extra i have spent. just for the smile factor hope this helps cheers carl

cheers carl

yea they sound like they put a smile on youre face

joe

Guest salty_monk

The 2 litre pinto is pretty quick, not compared to a bike but compared to most other things on the road especially if it has a carb, cam, ignition etc..... They lose out on top speed (Aerodynamics), don't expect to go racing anything on the motorway in one!

Dan :)