Prop Shaft Protector Help

Guest Chriss

Hi, my name is Chriss and I am currently building a 2b in Sweden! When (and hopefully) when it’s done there will be a total of three in this long country :D

The only thing I can really complain about the 2b is it’s so dam thin in the middle where the prop shaft is.

Has anyone got any pictures of a prop shaft protector? I like my legs ;)

The prop shaft is 51mm and its only 76mm wide in the middle, then you have the seats.

And yes it has sliding pillocks ;)

I'm getting there :)

93811-867764.jpg

In Sweden it's an SVA (MOT) point, if the prop, joints or anything were to break you have to have something sturdy between the prop and yourself.

If there were bars underneith parallel to the top center bars you could just weld a few lengths of metall between them.

Otherwise I will squeeze in something, just curious if any one had some smart ideas.

Guest salty_monk

It's not required in the UK so I doubt you'll see anything.... The stainless plate is obviously better than fibreglass but I definitely see the point! Can't you add an extra layer up the inside or even something on the outside & make a feature of it??

A lot will depend on the seats you use, those OMP's are probably fairly tight at their widest part I would think....

Dan :)

Guest kevin booth
I've bolted some angle into mine, but more to protect the fuel lines which also run in the tunnel.

Would just like to say it is well worth doing as i have had two break, luckily a was on the start line at SANTAPOD RACEWAY which is my local drag strip. Have welded two 4" diamiter pieces of heavy wall pipe 3" long one at front and one at the back sould do the job.