38 Dgms

Guest horncock

Guest horncock

my idle problems are down to the fuel pour out of the "pump tubes" when the car is idling, I have checked the float and the needle and all seems ok, if anything the level in the float chamber seems a little low.

Can anyone provide me a reason why the fuel should comming out of these tubes, when not needed ?

Regards Richard

Guest horncock

what I mean by tube is the thing that sticks out into the choke or hole where the air goes in and squirts an amount of fule down the hole when you put your foot down. Its called the accelerator pump jet, in my haynes manual. Well when the car is at idle fuel is dribbling out of these jets some of the time.

Also do you know what a should connect the low vacuum enrichment diaphragm to ?

Regards Richard.

Guest Simon cooper

hello Richard,

If you have a minute and you are reading this now, give me a ring on 07860-860396.

i can tell you quickly on the phone but would take an age on here.

simon

Guest jetskijase

Hi All

Just to divert slightly I'm also sorting my 38dgas out. The one i've got has not top flaps which i believe are the choke flaps, ie they close when you pull the choke to feed extra fuel and less air.

Is it needed? theres no linkage and it looks like it's been run without before.

Cheers

Jase

Hi Simon!! :wub:

Right guy's, THIS IS THE MAN! what Simon doesn't know about carbs and engines isn't worth knowing, grab him whilst you can.

Bloody hell mate, it's nice to see you around, I hope that things are going OK down there for you. :) :)

Guest Simon cooper

Hello Jim,

Yes everything is fine down here thank you, life is on the up.

Richard did phone me, Hopefully what I said will work, if not, then you bulling me up on here will have fallen flat on it's face.

PS. Tim, can you please take off the "Demi-God" bit. I am very flattered with the recognition but I do not know it all and it makes me feel uncomfortable. Many thanks anyway.

Simon