Gearbox Reversing Sensor

Guest sneintonmatt

Guest sneintonmatt

i know that the gearbox should have a pair of metal splines coming out of the side of the lever housing which can then be connected to the electrics to trigger the reversing light, i have a 4 speed gearbox but where the connectors are supposed to be i have nothing just a hole not sure where i can get a replacement part, not even sure this is the right section to post in any help please?

Guest pwlcarz

The reversing light switch on my 4 speed box fell apart some time ago. I spent ages trying to find a way to replace the switch without dropping the box or cutting a hole in the side of the tunnel. In the end I gave up, fished the wires out and connected them to a switch (with indicator light) on the dash. Works OK for me - how much time do you spend going backwards anyway?

Guest sneintonmatt

thanks for the replies will have a hunt and see if i can find the wires and do it that way, or if i can find the bit cheaply will try doing it correctly, i do think i will have to drop the box out to even get close the hole is so close to the side of the tunnel