Fitting Of Seats?

Guest osteve123

Guest osteve123

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a pair of seats for my S7 off of ebay. The only problem is that there are no mounting holes/bolts etc for the runners. The base is made of what looks like glass fibre etc. Any thoughts of the best way of making them secure for the SVA? I had thought of some "deep threaded" self tappers, but not sure if these would be upto the job?

Cheer's,

Steve

Steve,

I too have fibreglass seats. I fixed them to the runners with M8 8.8 tensile screws, with penny washers between screw head and f/glass. Passed SVA no problem, I don’t even recall the examiner looking at them. HTH, Brian

Guest osteve123

Cheer's guy's,

The actual seats look just like the cobra roadster ones. The glass fibre feels about 1" thick that is just on the base, the rest is a normal padded seat.

I take it that the tensile screws would do the job?

Steve

I would bolt through with load spreading washers. For comfort its best to bolt through the sides with flat head allen bolts and use a side plate.

There is a section in the SVA manual about seat mounting, they checked for load spreading washers on Kwick Arfs build, i had an angle iron sub frame for each seat

Steve,

sorry it has taken me a while to post this. Had to get the camera manual out because first pictures it took were totally out of focus! (I needed to do a manual focus because image has low contrast and hence confuses autofocus) Hope this helps anyway. Seats are intatrim odyssey. Cheers, Brian

IMG_3424.jpg