Sva Paper Trail ... Again

Snapperpaul

This comes up a lot, more on the Locostbuilders site than here but people still need to be made aware at the earliest stage, i.e. from the start that a good paper trail is essential yet time after time i hear people say " I am applying for SVA but don't have any photos or reciepts"

I am not saying that all is lost if you don't save and cross reference every photo and reciept but i am saying that you can save an awfull lot of angst by starting early.

It is as much a part of the build nowdays as getting the car mechanical SVA complient.

I started a bit late myself and had a few sleepless nights over some issues but this what i did and what i ended up with

My car was bought as a second hand kit so I had reciept for purchase from previous owner, copy of reciept from scrapyard for the donor, copy of the sales literature, ebay reciepts, B&Q reciepts, Halfords reciepts, Burtons, CBS, Tifosi and any other reciept i could lay my hands on, all neatly presented for SVA and DVLA (duplicated so both folders contained much the same stuff) in clip folders.

I was a bit short on photos even though its my job but decided to overwelm both VOSA and DVLA with "Evidence" quantity not quality was my motto, i even had a letter from the previous owner saying he did not have the original kit reciept but did have a scanned copy.

Got a letter from the original kit manufacturer for the design weights.

Folder runs to 35 sleves and 60 documents.

OTT i know but even if you only have a few reciepts, bank statements, ebay/paypal it soon adds up.

Get to it and see where you are light.

It worked for me and even smoothed the registration process with DVLA, they were very happy with the presentation, sometimes they only get a large envelope with loose reciepts.

The less work they have to do the quicker you will be registered and on the road.