Our New/old 2b-plus (pics)

Guest mtechautomotive

Guest mtechautomotive
As long as it is described as a Robin Hood sports and not a ford saloon that is the main thing, as engine size can easily be changed along with engine number.

Yup its a robi hood on the V5 :)

Good news today, the car does have a complete wiring loom already in it for the old Pinto. Fuse boxes, dials, lights and column switch gear. Need to figure out where to apply battery power and also a few other bits and bobs but it does mean quite a lot of hassle saved!

There are a few plugs that simply dont seem to have anywhere to connect, will have to take a few piccys and post them up, see if anyone can shed some light on them.

Looking now for an ST170 thermostat housing (is it the same as the Zetec?), manifold (getting from GBS), coolin hoses. Have been advised a VW Polo Rad is purrrrrfect, and at only £19 brand new, well...

Getting an online bloggamejig to put all this on as well :)

Matt

your getting into this matt ?

it is addictive .

graham

re the t/ stat housing it looks the same as dans zetec , re the idler have a word with steve2b as he has just done a zetec install .

Guest salty_monk

I suspect it could be using the Sierra loom if you have a lot of plugs left over. You should be able to tell by the wire colouring.

That generation of 2B used the Autosparks loom & it was a pretty simple affair. One prob with it was no relays on lights so switches burnt out.. (Autosparks maintained that Tricky Dicky insisted they leave them out for max cost savings) & not enough fuses in my opinion. My first hood had that loom & I added both.

Dan :)

Guest mtechautomotive
your getting into this matt ?

it is addictive .

graham

re the t/ stat housing it looks the same as dans zetec , re the idler have a word with steve2b as he has just done a zetec install .

lol im in the office now writing this between running out and scratchin around the car lol!

Oh, have got some form of website page up for it. Its simple but it documents everything.

cheers for thermostat advice, I have a blacktop here will see if it fits. Will give henry a call tomorrow and see if the P/N are the same as well.

Our 2B Build

Cheers,

Matt

Guest mtechautomotive

Good news,

tried an 1800 SILVERTOP zetec thrmo housing and it bolted straight onto the ST170. Thats that job done. I can only assume for anyone else wondering is that all Zetec thermo housings are identicle.

Phew!

Next bit... Front rad and fan..

Matt