Sva Fail

Tazzzzman1

Hi,

Just failed my 1st attempt at Beverley test centre..... :mellow:

Nothing too serious, failed on the following:

Lower seat belt mounts incorrect position (too far forward, so need moving towards rear of seat which seems odd as I have used the usual 2B mounting positions)

Rear Fog light not approved type lense??? (Apparently the lens should have a "f" stamped on the lense to denote an approved light.)

Centre rear view mirror , too much vibration obscuring vison ( This was a doubt of mine from the outset as it was mounted on the bonnet, so I will now move to fit on the dash and be removable)

Front wheel studs not pulled fully into hub (I replaced originals with longer studs to allow for the spacers, however 2 of the studs are sitting 1-2mm non flush)

Spongy brake pedal (Not sure about this one as it passed all brake tests, probably just need bedding in)

Disappointed that I failed, however looking back, pretty pleased that nothing major was found and that the list is faily small for my 1st ever attempt. Hope to have these minor points addressed in the next few days so that I can get back in for the retest!

One other thing for anyone who has applied for SVA but not yet been approved...."DON'T PANIC" apparently VOSA are surprised at the lack of applications against what they anticipated and are now looking at moving the 28th Feb deadline (unofficially at the moment)

Good luck to anyone else going through this trauma....hope to be ready for the sunshine??? B)

Rear Fog light not approved type lense??? (Apparently the lens should have a "f" stamped on the lense to denote an approved light.)

I thought it didn't matter what the markings were so long as the light was compliant - i.e. so long as it was the right colour, size and lense pattern then it passed. The markings E-marks and whatnot simply indicate that it has been tested by an official body and deemed to meet the regulations so the tester can simply asume it's right if it's got the marks and hasn't been messed with.

Although I suppose it could be like my first test where I was debating arguing one of the failure points (too much rear braking effort) but decided to just let it lie since the failure points were so minor that I'd just fix the lot and get it on the road.

Iain

I thought it didn't matter what the markings were so long as the light was compliant - i.e. so long as it was the right colour, size and lense pattern then it passed. The markings E-marks and whatnot simply indicate that it has been tested by an official body and deemed to meet the regulations so the tester can simply asume it's right if it's got the marks and hasn't been messed with.

Iain

Yes, I thought so to. Guess the examiner had other idea's. Just a bit of a pain to have to do, but could have been worse...