Insurance

Guest SWANAGE DAVE

Guest SWANAGE DAVE

Hi chaps, i just recieved this email which might be of interest to anyone renewing insurance in the near future, sounds good to me.

A little tale about my insurance renewal - may be of interest to other club members.

I received my renewal notice from SureTerm in respect of my 2B, insured with KGM. Cost of renewal = £155.74

I contacted a few other brokers, including SureTerm, ending up with a slightly better price of approx £126 (again with KGM)

I then contacted a broker in Yorkshire (where else!) and was offered the same cover, with KGM for approx £115.

The broker then offered me a slightly different deal. I still get comprehensive cover, agreed valuation and still underwritten by KGM, but in the event of a claim I would carry out my own repairs, with only the parts being covered by the insurance. In addition I have first claim to salvage in the event of an accident. Total cost £80:60p which is approx half of the renewal quote.

Seems like a great deal to me, so I have gone ahead with cover. If anyone else is interested the broker is:

Frank Pickles (Insurance Brokers) Ltd

33/35 Cross Green

Otley

LS21 1HD

Tel: 01943 850999

Fax: 01943 850388 Web address:http://www.frankpickles.co.uk

Guest Bazwaz

That name brings back memories. I uesd them for years as did my father before me, my late sister was friends with the family. I stopped when it became easier to do everything on line. As my insurance is due i'll be giving them a call.

Baz

Guest shaggy

As my cobra insurance runs out ina couple of days, I gave them a ring. I was quoted £266 from Graham Sykes, but this company quoted a straight £100 for parts only fully comp.

Thanks for the tip.

Now what can I spend the saved £166 on.................... any suggestions?

Si

Guest SWANAGE DAVE
As my cobra insurance runs out ina couple of days, I gave them a ring. I was quoted £266 from Graham Sykes, but this company quoted a straight £100 for parts only fully comp.

Thanks for the tip.

Now what can I spend the saved £166 on.................... any suggestions?

Si

a donation to my car fund would do lol

well done mate :D

Guest piddy

Hello All.

I received this e mail from a member today,It may be of interest to others of you.

Martin.

Hi Martin,

A little tale about my insurance renewal - may be of interest to other club members.

I received my renewal notice from SureTerm in respect of my 2B, insured with KGM. Cost of renewal = £155.74

I contacted a few other brokers, including SureTerm, ending up with a slightly better price of approx £126 (again with KGM)

I then contacted a broker in Yorkshire (where else!) and was offered the same cover, with KGM for approx £115.

The broker then offered me a slightly different deal. I still get comprehensive cover, agreed valuation and still underwritten by KGM, but in the event of a claim I would carry out my own repairs, with only the parts being covered by the insurance. In addition I have first claim to salvage in the event of an accident. Total cost £80:60p which is approx half of the renewal quote.

Seems like a great deal to me, so I have gone ahead with cover. If anyone else is interested the broker is:

Frank Pickles (Insurance Brokers) Ltd

33/35 Cross Green

Otley

LS21 1HD

Tel: 01943 850999

Fax: 01943 850388 Web address:http://www.frankpickles.co.uk

Guest shaggy

Wow, how did that happen, I was just reading this as a seperate post, and then as if by magic, it dissappeared, and got linked to this post............

Guest Ian & Carole
Wow, how did that happen, I was just reading this as a seperate post, and then as if by magic, it dissappeared, and got linked to this post............

:D :rolleyes: :D