Mondeo 2.5 V6 Engine As A Donor?

Guest sherman0251

Guest sherman0251

I am taking the sierra 1.8 engine out of my kitcar on saturday 7th March and quite fancy putting a Ford Mondeo 2.5L V6 enginer in place! I know the V6 is a lot heavier so the susspension would need altering but would there be any more (major complications linking this engine to the current gearbox (sierra)??

My car will be undergoing a whole new interior and is getting a full respray! Hopefully will look the dogs when done but struggling with choice of engine. A few people have adviced to just go for the 2.0L Zetec but I like the idea of the sound of a V6! I dont no if by choosing a V6 im making the project over complex!

Any advice appreciated!

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
Guest h4muf

Hi.

The v6 has been done in a westfield before so can`t see that many problems.

I`m a big fan of the six,i have an st24 as a daily driver and it`s really smooth.

It`s quite light for a v6 too.

Good luck.

Guest chris brown

I think you will have to make up a converter plate as I think the V6 is a Mazda derived engine so the mating to the type 9 may be tricky but providing that and getting the clutch to work can be overcome it will make a great car. Also take lots of measurements before you start as I suspect it will be a bit on the tight side both in height and width