Cobalt Drill Bits

Guest daveg

i had diff findin a supplier so in the end bought 4 x hss 1/8 (£3 approx) hundreds of holes later have 1 left the other 3 i broke? no prob with blunting and at that price the only pain experienced was when me knuckles hit the car! :ph34r:

Guest Phil Slater

I found this place on the web which sells them individually but they are not cheap.

Cobalt Link

I actually bought a set of 19 from Screwfix, (currently £26.99), but I bought them prior to my build starting - in anticipation!! As Bill says though, I haven't used the majority of them. In fact I've got on well just using jobber drills.

Phil Slater

I bought a set of drill bits/ screwdiver bits in a case ....Performance Power from B&Q with so called Titanium coating for £7.99,I just drill holes working up from a small size ,to the largest size,and they have lastest ages,the only problem I have

encountered is bits breaking,due to snagging on the stainless.

INMHO Ian

Guest Twoscoops

I must admit I bought a number of Colbalt bits and they are good but can be expensive.

I now use Dormer Jobber HSS bits....even though they don't last as long they so cheap you can't go wrong.

Cheers

T.

Ianz

To stop drills breaking...drill slower :)

I brought a 25 piece set, TiN coated from ScrewFix with the intension of replacing blunt bits with Cobalt...in hindsight I should have brought a complete Cobalt set :boohoo:

The theory was any well used bits would be worth replacing with better quality ones and rearly used bits could remain TiN...but, the cost of just a few bits brought individually cost almost as much as a complete set...more money wasted :boohoo:

So the advice to new builders...buy a complete set of Cobalt bits and some drilling oil and drill very slowly, and of course...put the battery in the front :p :lol: :D :rolleyes:

Dave