Bonnet?

Guest lee1

Hi,

I painted my mild steel bonnet (obviously :) ) and that is quite flexible.

As said above perhaps a few strengtheners is the answer. I would assume that painting stainless will be similar to fibreglass in that you will need a really good key and then etch primer it before painting.

If you have the paint and are doing it yourself you have nothing to lose. If you are going to replace the bonnet otherwise you might as well try.

Guest karif2800

Due to the price for a new bonnet I don't consider to buy a new one. My idea could be rivet some stainless steel louvres and after use a primer and the paint used for fiberglassthat is a catalysed paint. I also like to paint the scuttle. In the same time due to the need of an oven I'd like to paint the struts in black because I really hate the look of them in stainless. I've bought a pair of classic Lucas spot lamps that I assume could have a nice look on satin black. For the side lights I've bought a pair of lucas reproduction to fit on fenders. My idea is to try a really classic look. I'll try an homemede strengtheners inside the bonnet.