What Parts Do You Actually Need

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

ok im trying to source the bits for my robin hood zero superspec. ive found a sierra in a scrappy locally and hes asking for 60 quid for the rear differential, drive shafts, rear hubs and the front hub carriers, does it matter what sierra they come out of? as some differenetials are different sizes or have bolt in drive shafts rather than push in ones, does it make much difference? aside from that after the prop steering column and pedal box is there anything else i will need?

Yes best to get a whole car if pos running.

You can use engine gear box.

Upper steering column,With switches.

steering wheel for sva / IVA

Front hubs

Rear hubs diff and drive shafts ( disc braked will have bolt in shafts )

Whole loom.

Instruments and switches.

door edge trim etc etc

lots can be re used

Stephen

Guest Ian & Carole

I appreciate a whole car can be a pain to deal with but you will be suprized how much you use.

When I scrapped the shell I kept the roof panel and used quite a bit making infill plates / panels and light weight brackets.

Guest chris brown

As others have said you really do need the whole car I know the Zero doesn’t use as much of the donor as previous cars but it still uses lots of it.

Guest mcramsay

i have absolutley no room for a whole car so im def not going down that route, and i just cant be arsed with the fuss of stripping it and then having no way of getting it to a scrappy. as for the engine and gear box im not using a pinto engine so i dont need that and gear box wise im looking at buying a recon box so again i wont be needing it. apart from the mounting plate of course.

Guest Geordiebarry

As I have a Vauxhall XE and transmission from my donor which is shown on the V5, is this all I need to use?

The hubs on the donor are passed their best so I have purchased new ones. can these be classed as being from the donor? They could have been fitted before I stripped the donor.

Guest chris brown

Craig

I that case then go down the route you first thought of going and providing you don’t mind a Q plate then you will have no problem apart from taking lots of trips to the scrap yard. Also if as you put it you can’t be “arsed” to strip a donor then I recommend you think very hard as to whether you will be "arsed" to build a car in the first place. I and I know lots of others found stripping the donor and reconditioning all the bits very satisfying and the shell was gone before the kit arrived.

Guest lewis
Craig

I that case then go down the route you first thought of going and providing you don’t mind a Q plate then you will have no problem apart from taking lots of trips to the scrap yard. Also if as you put it you can’t be “arsed” to strip a donor then I recommend you think very hard as to whether you will be "arsed" to build a car in the first place. I and I know lots of others found stripping the donor and reconditioning all the bits very satisfying and the shell was gone before the kit arrived.

+ 1 :D its all part of the fun !!!!

Guest mcramsay

sorry i think you took what i said the wrong way. i just dont have the space for a donor car, and it would make things very complicated having out sitting out side my house, so when i say i cant be arsed i mean theres to much grief to hav it sitting around, and then getting rid of the shell, which woudlnt be easy atall where i live, anyway i gave GBSC a ring today anyway and it turns out with the superspec kit you get all the bits you need included in the kit, bonus.

Guest bob2b
ok im trying to source the bits for my robin hood zero superspec. ive found a sierra in a scrappy locally and hes asking for 60 quid for the rear differential, drive shafts, rear hubs and the front hub carriers, does it matter what sierra they come out of? as some differenetials are different sizes or have bolt in drive shafts rather than push in ones, does it make much difference? aside from that after the prop steering column and pedal box is there anything else i will need?

Craig,

I have got all the bits you require off a 2lt DOHC with guarrenteed 29000 yes 29000 miles including vin plate,log book&sorn cert

going cheap as space is required.

Bob2b

Guest bob2b
Bob2b,

Where abouts are you based? How much are you asking for the bits?

smartfazer,

Yorksire based,no reasonable offer refused as I am desperate for the space,

Bob2b

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Blackcab
smartfazer,

Yorksire based,no reasonable offer refused as I am desperate for the space,

Bob2b

Have you still got this - also in Yorkshire and looking for full donor for a zero

Paul