Exhaust Clamp

Guest daveg

Just fitting the exhaust, but, how are we supposed to clamp the joint?

I bought a 51mm U clamp from Halfords but it wouldn't pass the 2.5mm radius test :(

I suppose I could leave it off :huh: any advise?

Dave

Guest Battery Bill

Daveq

Surely the clamp will not protrude enough to matter if the curved bit is on the outside then the flat bit would be inside where the sphere would not go! :blink:

Mind you I have had a couple of fosters so "Who Cares" Christmas don't you love it :lol:

Get it in the back you know you want to. :lol: :lol:

The U bolt of a standard exhaust clamp will be fine, but keeping the other bit out of the SVA man's way will be more tricky. I think it will depend on the tester. I have one of the stainless clamps (Demon theives supplied it - not that expensive really) but the SVA man made me file the edges blunt ... so ... from the rules applied by my SVA testers then you only need blunted edges, so a standard U bolt type clamp will be fine. From memory only an exposed silencer and the end of the pipe need the 2.5mm radius.

Ant

Guest graham dockerill

I was also wondering about a clamp, the 4 into 1 wasn't supplied with a slit in it and the silencer goes up the pipe a fair way. Would it be allright with a load of fire gum round it and no clamp. Your experiences and comments would be welcomed.

Guest gordon_macnab

I fitted the stainless exhaust with the usual gun gum and exhaust clamp to give a good seal but removed the clamp for the SVA just incase and the seal was still ok, not sure if it would last over a period of time but I re-fitted the clamp after SVA so no probs.

Gordon