T Series Engine Help

Guest dan8400

Guest dan8400

Hi guys,

You have been highly recomended to me by the guys over at the locost builders forum. I am wishing to upgrade my Tiger super cat to a T-series rover turbo engine. I have owned two 800 vitesse turbo's with this engine and loved everything about it. Especially after fitting a dump valve ;) I am after some advice on gearbox options and adapter plates etc etc. I know some superspec models have this engine so hopefully you guys can help me out.

Many thanks in advance

Dan

Guest dan8400

.....one more thing (sorry) does anyone have any dimensions for this engine. It's the height i'm after really

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan

The superspec uses the mt75 gearbox with an adapter plate, Morgan cars also used the T series engine for a number of years but I dont know what box they used, may be worth a search?

As for engine dims I will get the tape out when I can unless someone else can get it done first.

Whats your location? maybe some one local with a superspec :D

Steve

The only real problem the SuperSpecers have is with the Robin Hood clutch release bearing which was a Ford one with a spacer welded to the bearing face, these tend to run dry and make a noise after a while.

Solutions could be a hydraulic release bearing from Burtons or Rally design or a modified clutch release arm to take up the extra distance.

I also belive a remote oil filter is a must as on the Rover the oil filter is the lowest part of the engine.

Some form of short sump may well need fabricating.

Guest dan8400

Thank you for the replies. I am near Boston, Lincolnshire. Any ideas on where i can get hold of these adapter plates? I have no idea where to start really.

Dan