Telemetrix Speedo Perception Head

Snapperpaul

A long shot if anyone has one they want to sell or do you know where i can get them for less than the £44 Europa want

Its a 6mm perception head for the Caerbont / Smiths Telemetrix speedo range, I was replacing the magnets that got knocked off the other week and whilst i was adjusting the perception head back I gave it one last nip with the spanner and the bl00dy thing snapped in half.

I have all the brackets in place, have spent a lot of time getting the speedo accurate and reliable, shielded cable etc, then i go and snap a very expensive sensor.

Guest graham.g

My sensor picks up on bolt heads rather than magnets, stops the problems of magnets falling off,

Instead of locating the sensor on the prop flange bolts which would have been a real pain, I used the speedo drive cable.

Adapted the rear of the speedo to take a plastic disk with screw heads, and is located on the scuttle for easy maintenance.

It works really well,

Anyone converting from standard clocks with a speedo drive may find this info useful.

Graham

speedo%20drive.JPG