Finally

Guest margach31

Guest margach31

Just thought i would share my joy with all of ya!!!

I have finally got round to ordering my Zero and on the path to becoming a fully fledged Hoodie

WAHOOOOO :yahoo: :good:

Guest zoomzoom

Well done great choice. What sort of spec are you building it to?? (engine etc?)

P.S. Welcome to the mad house, your soul is now ours!!!! :o :D

Welcome, quite a few of us on here have done the zero's.

Long choice now on engine spec, carbs or throttlebodies etc.

You need to make sure that you get a lot of stuff off your donor, engine, dizzy, brake master cyclinder, brakes etc, steering column.

The list is endless, can't wait until you get the kit and then phone up and ask for the manual. ;)

Guest margach31
Well done great choice. What sort of spec are you building it to?? (engine etc?)

P.S. Welcome to the mad house, your soul is now ours!!!! :o :D

The donor had a 1.8cvh in, i heard all the rumours about how rubbish the engine is but it ran ok when i got it and should serve its purpose until i can afford something a lot better, not that it takes much to get better than a cvh........ha ha :D

Guest bone

one more to the fold :clapping: welldone you now now all your spare time has gone but a few key point look at doh an ddoh this is not what to do lolwhen do you pick it all up and good luck

Guest margach31
one more to the fold :clapping: welldone you now now all your spare time has gone but a few key point look at doh an ddoh this is not what to do lolwhen do you pick it all up and good luck

Pick it up in 6 week, sadly ill have to sit on my hands till then, all prep work pretty much done.........i more excited than a child at christmas, also why do females not understand my excitment, all i have had is sarcastic comments!!!! i suppose im the same about hair straightners :D

Guest zoomzoom

The cvh is'nt that bad, I put the pinto in mine just for an easy fitment and will change it in the winter.(I hope!)

6 weeks to wait :o

Don't forget to leave time to read and fully understand the build manual as its a complex document.

Any question just ask.......

Marcus

Guest boggybogstar
Don't forget to leave time to read and fully understand the build manual as its a complex document.

I gave up on the build manual, it went in to so much detail it would've taken me longer to read than the actual build ;) ;) ;) ;)

Ok what kit did you buy, how much do you get with it???

Some ideas are required before you pickup the kit;

what dash/clocks are you planning on using? If you are buying new these will have to be sourced.

do you know what switches you want, all from sierra switch gear or on switches on the dash?

Carbs, dizzy efi? You will need new manifolds etc depending on choice.

what diff are you planning on using, rear brakes, drums or discs?

what about seats, plan on using full 4 point harness or standard seatbelts.

Get yourself loads of electrical connectors, as the loom supplied (if you purchased one) has no connectors. You may need some of them from the old loom.

Decide on what lights you want, some of us got supplied with left hand drive lights (thought they will pass SVA (IVA now) if you use different bulbs situated slightly off centre).

Be prepared to extend the supplied indicators as they are not the correct length.

Have a lot of "fettling" machines ready, welder, grinder, pwer file, drills etc as you will need some or all of them now and again.

Decide on how you are going to assemble it, I did it slghtly differently than most and measured drilled all the panels and chassis but did not attach most of them until almost the end, that way I could get my hands on almost everything right the way through, the only exception was the sides of the tunnel at the gearbox.

Have a plan of action and keep asking people here questions, there are plenty of us who have built the zero and followed the fantastically detailed manual.

Decide on what lights you want, some of us got supplied with left hand drive lights (thought they will pass SVA (IVA now) if you use different bulbs situated slightly off centre).

Some of us got supplied with upside down lights :o

Had to turn the lenses upside down and cut out some locator notches during the SVA :D