Battery Problems I Think..?

Guest JimmyHood

Guest JimmyHood

Guys The battery on my 2b is now no longer accepting any charge (from external battery charger) and the engine wont turn over, can hear the starter motor trying but no guts from the engine itself.

Now I assume if the battery wont accept any charge then it needs replacing. If so does it take a specific type of battery?, the car being based on a sierra, do i need a battery that fits a sierra or can it be any type.. ?

Also is the battery easy to install..??

As you can tell i didnt build my 2b.

Any help on this matter would be great.

r

James

Guest Tony Tank

Hi James

All u need to remember is get a new battery of the same diamensions as your old one,( take your old one with u ). ;)

Because the builder will have formed the battery area for the battery that is fitted .

Hope this helps. :D

Tony

:huh: your battery may be ok ....is the charger working

ps if it is working a new battery is pretty cheep i paid £12 for a new one it was a match for ford fiest 1100

First things first. Have you switched the head lights on? are they bright? if you *jump start* the battery, does it work then OK?

When you say that it won't accept any charge, have you got good contacts? file them. if it's still not charging, then yes change it.

Batteries do tend to *leak* power when stood, and will need topping up, especially if just used for starting the car now and again. It takes around 4 miles of running to put the power back that you use to start it once.

Guest JimmyHood

Thanks for all the help guys so far.

one extra thing is that i have a meter that i put on the battery once i have charged it and it says that the battery is empty (percentage figure as to how full it is), even after the charge. The charger is working as it is new and i have charged my others cars battery in the last couple of days.

Also i have been charging the battery while it is still attached to the car should i disconnect and try charging it etc..

r

James