Speed Camera Database

Andi

Got sent this very interesting email today

Speed Cameras

Thought you might be interested to know that, following the UK Government's freedom of information act,

you can now get access to ALL speed camera offences registered in the last 12 months.

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1 mph over the set limit, it is registered onto a database?

You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or (this is the bit I didn't know), if you receive over 10 near misses,

you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit.

This is why you hear of people being done at 34 mph in a 30 mph limit area, whilst others doing 39 do not.

You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

http://www.i-database.co.uk

You will be asked for a password but just click on the need a Password link and you will be given one for future use.

Or just enter your car registration. If there is any data on your vehicle, click on the camera window to see a copy of the photograph.

Hope this is useful.

Guest graham.g

Just checked my wife's registration, and supposedly she was doing 34.2mph in a 30, on the 7th May this year in CORNWALL. she's never been to Cornwall.

Is this a wind up site.

Graham

Just checked my wife's registration, and supposedly she was doing 34.2mph in a 30, on the 7th May this year in CORNWALL. she's never been to Cornwall.

Is this a wind up site.

Graham

Well i would click on the photo icon so you can see the picture.

just checked our vans . only 2

both were on the data base at the exact same time exact same speed and exact same date !

neither van was in cambridgshire on this date ?

what gives ?????????????????????

graham

ACPO guidance although i belive there is a set of speeds undisclosed between the 2 stated columns

Limit Fixed Penalty Summons

20 mph 25 mph 35 mph

30 mph 35 mph 50 mph

40 mph 46 mph 66 mph

50 mph 57 mph 76 mph

60 mph 68 mph 86 mph

70 mph 79 mph 96 mph

Fixed penalty of

1. £60 (pending)

2. 3 penalty points Magisterial discretion (level 2) maximum of:

1. £1000 fine

2. Licence endorsed - range of penalty points available

3. Disqualification

4. Compulsory re-testing

With a very good case and good evidence of possible loss of job and hardship speeds over 100 mph can result in a hefty fine and 6 points

Not that i condone it but the drink drive limit of 35 also has a prosecute at 38/9 clause something to do with reasonable proof