Bubble Screen

Guest stuart_

Guest stuart_

hi all, i fitted my bubble screen this afternoon, and took it for a test drive and what a differance, it is so much better, i can were just sunglass and i am fine at the speeds where i could not be for long before. as well i can here my great exhaust note, not just a load of wind noise and a little bit of noise, now i can here it all.:D

well here are some pics, i have got to make a new dash, as i have a koso dash to fit, new savavge switch's and oil pressure and possible a built in sat nav.

P5280003.jpg

P5280004.jpg

P5280005.jpg

P5280006.jpg

P5280007.jpg

what do you think?

thanks

stuart

Guest stuart_

thanks, well i has going to build a robin hood, but a light wieght, but theu stopped sell them and there was no info on the zero, so i went for a mk indy instead, so i still come on here, and i become a member at delting kit car show.

stuart

Guest pencil

Hi Stuart,

Where did you get the screen from? I have seen them from £35 to £135.

Also have you any pic's of fitting?

Thanks

John

Guest stuart_
Hi Stuart,

Where did you get the screen from? I have seen them from £35 to £135.

Also have you any pic's of fitting?

Thanks

John

hi i got it of ebay, the person how all ways sell them, the £35 jobby. i spayed the under side black, and had to sand a little bit away, to make it to fit right, but it does not help that the mk scuttle is different both sides by 40mm.

sorry no pics on teh fitting, there are lots on locost builder's

stuart

Guest kleighton

I really like the look of that Stuart, car looks great.

Anyone at home at the moment who could measure across the scuttle of their 2b ? Or does anyone know how wide the scuttle is on a 2b ? These bubble screens fit 44 inch wide scuttle's, I am guesing a 2b is wider than that......shame, I really like it.

Thanks

Keith

Guest stuart_

hi, not sure if this helps, through bone had one on his zero.

if the 2b one is wider or not i do not know.

hope that little bit of info helps.

stuart

Guest kleighton

Thanks for the reply Stuart.

I measured my scuttle last night, and the widest point is 45.5", narrowing down to around 38". How flexible is the screen ? It looks like you're scuttle is a slightly different shape in that you're corner edges look a bit softer than mine, I seem to have a tighter curve, could this just be the pics ?

Thanks

Keith

Guest kleighton

I have to agree. They look great combat.

How have you attached you're rear view mirror ? Is that just inside the aero screen ?

Keith

Guest combatsapph
I have to agree. They look great combat.

How have you attached you're rear view mirror ? Is that just inside the aero screen ?

Keith

No, it's on the aeroscreen - just a normal sticky pad for mirrors that you buy from you local motor factors.

Guest kleighton

Must be strong enough, is the screen quite stong/stiff ?

Did you have to trim it down to fit ? I think one will fit mine without any trimming.........I'm about to order one.

Cheers

Keith

Guest Getting There

Hi

I have one of these fitted to my 2B, it needed a little at the edges but fitted fine. Its also great on all roads upto 90mph with sunglasses on and no problems. Came off ebay for £35 from a guy in Wakefield.

Cheers

Chris