Gbs Zetec Engines

I,m looking to ditch my pinto this winter as per other posts and was wondering how many of you have done the pinto to zetec conversion? whats involved? what costs were incurred? and what power outputs have been seen?Bike carbs or throttle bodies?

Thought about st170 route seems a bit expensive for 2nd hand lumps when you can get a new zetec from gbs for £750

I,m after max bhp poss within a budget of about £1500

Any advice would be very helpful i want to buy everything in advance to make the swap as quick and smooth as poss

Dan

... you can get a new zetec from gbs for £750

There was an engine company on a stand in the opposite diagonal corner to GBS at Stoneleigh (sorry, didn't catch their name), who were selling brand new crate 2.0ltr zetecs for £650 inc vat!

100 squid goes a long way in hoodie circles. B)

There was an engine company on a stand in the opposite diagonal corner to GBS at Stoneleigh (sorry, didn't catch their name), who were selling brand new crate 2.0ltr zetecs for £650 inc vat!

100 squid goes a long way in hoodie circles. B)

I,ll have to try and find them at newark

Guest salty_monk

The 1.8l is slightly easier & cheaper to fit - one reason Westfield uses them. There are about the same number of tuning options for both engines.

Just thinking about budgets. It's to do with flywheels, starters & clutches I believe....

Dan :)

Spookily, I was going to ask a similar question. Those GBS engines, for instance, what else would be required, management-wise, to get it running. (Apart from inlet and exhaust swapping sides and mountings etc - and I don't currently have a fuel return line, so plenty of additional work)