Road Rage

speedtripledan

Why do people of all types road rage woman included? =@ when if not in there car they would not say boo to a goose. :sorry:

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU ????? 8P

Meet the wrong person and you will get hurt! :vava:

People in this country need to chill out or stop driving, if it upsets you that easily over next to nothing you need :help:

Watched a couple of muppets today on way back from birmingham try to "kill" each other, why are the police never around to see it happen? prob because they replaced them all with speed cams instead.. i,m no big fan of the traffic police but drivers always behave when they are around

would that not reduce accidents ????

Guest sritony

I always say this to my gf and shes had somone get out the car and threaten her before but in life she would never even say a wrong word to anyone (even if a read head ;) )

She stuck her fingers up at someone who cut us up in kit car other day, and if in our normal car she will rev off at stupid speeds, rude gesters or flash lights she says they need to be taught a lesson but as I say they will never learn)!

I still see driving mainly as a pleasure and only ever get angry if it really risks my life otherwise who cares let them battle it out!

why are the police never around to see it happen? prob because they replaced them all with speed cams instead.. i,m no big fan of the traffic police but drivers always behave when they are around

would that not reduce accidents ????

Pre-sactly.

When they "catch" a speeding motorist with a camera it's nice and easy to put a tick in a box and say that one crime has been commited and one criminal has been punished. If there was a visible police car driving along or sat at the side of the road instead of a camera then only a fraction of those offences would have been commited - presto the road was safer. But...... they can't put a nice definite number on how many crimes have been prevented so it doesn't look as good to the bean-counters who seem to run the world nowadays. The live policeman can also exercise some discretion between those who are exceeding the posted limit but not actually increasing the risk to themselves and others appreciably and those that are driving like cocks (quite possibly below the posted limit but in a dangerous fashion so the camera is no use whatso).

Same with Police on the beat - if they were a common sight then a huge amount of the petty/opportunist crime would disappear because the people doing it would constantly be wondering if that next car/person that comes along the street or around the corner might be the Police. But you can't count somethng that hasn't happened - you can't tell if that guy walking down the street "would" have kicked the mrror off that car or thrown a stone through that window so a Policeman walking along the road is only seen as a cost and the benefit is never quantified to be offset against it.

What really got my goat recently was this "Policing Charter" that all the forces have supposedly signed up to. Effectively the forces have all said "we haven't been doing it properly up until now but we're going to do a good job from now on - aren't we great"

/rant mode off

Iain

Guest sritony

Its the policing pledge and its a 10 point guide that (even admin staff) have to get drilled into us , (your talking displays in every hallway, handouts for every policeman and posters in every office) and we get tested on it, its all about "providing a quality and efficient customer service" see I was listening. And you will get cold called by people and leaflet dropped!

heres the 10 for anybody:)

1.Always treat you fairly with dignity and respect

2.Provide you with information so you know who your dedicated Neighbourhood Policing Team is, where they are based, how to contact them and how to work with them.

3.Ensure your Neighbourhood Policing Team and other police patrols are visible and on your patch at times when they will be most effective and when you tell us you most need them.

4.Respond to every message directed to your Neighbourhood Policing Team within 24 hours and, where necessary, provide a more detailed response as soon as we can.

5.Aim to answer 999 calls within 10 seconds, deploying to emergencies immediately giving an estimated time of arrival, getting to you safely, and as quickly as possible. In urban areas, we will aim to get to you within 15 minutes and in rural areas within 20 minutes

6.Answer all non-emergency calls promptly. If attendance is needed, send a patrol giving you an estimated time of arrival and:

7.Arrange regular public meetings to agree your priorities

8.Provide monthly updates on progress, and on local crime and policing issues.

9.If you have been a victim of crime agree with you how often you would like to be kept informed of progress in your case and for how long. You have the right to be kept informed at least every month if you wish and for as long as is reasonable.

10.Acknowledge any dissatisfaction with the service you have received within 24 hours of reporting it to us.

The problem has been that due to the odd miscarriage of justice, over enthusiastic Bobby, information got/used illegally, evidence planted, etc. the politicians/media/public have all cried "unfair" "corrupt" and now they use a bigger & bigger brush to catch the slightest little misdomeanor.

For everything a police officer does, there's loads of paperwork that has to be done to "prove" that he's followed the guidelines, to prove that the scrote with the knife has had all his rights explained to him, and it's all got to be in quadruplicate, with copies sent to every dept that might have any influence/affect.

for example, if a policeman stops a drunken driver, it'll be about 3 hours before he gets back on patrol with all the tests and paperwork that he has to complete.

Drivers are idiots/selfish/dangerous/law breakers etc. and everyone thinks they are better drivers than they really are! (& they keep me in a job!! ;) )