Is It Legal?

Guest mower man

Guest mower man

Hi saw somthing in KITCAR mag this weekend in the Tempest cars ad "you can drive it on a bike licence as it weighs under 550 kg, does that mean I could drive a catering R500 on bike license?????????. comments? .from MOWERMAN

I always thouht it was the number of wheel not the wieght. Four wheels must be a car.

Steve

Not necessarily - could be classed as a quadricycle like the Gwizz leccy cars.

I suspect there is a combination of things that would allow you to drive a car-like vehicle on a bike license. Maybe something like three wheels and under 550kg or 4 wheels and under 350kg.

Iain

Guest outtolunch

Things were changed to get harmonised with Europe ( basically the French ) and you can now drive a lot of the cars produced by microcars (France) Ligier (France) and Aixam (France) on an old full bike licence dont know how it works with the newer bike licences where you have to take advanced tests to ride the bigger bikes as to whick licence you need.

Its the same with the car licence, the tests passsed years ago allowed you to drive small trucks but I hear thats an additional test now.